The bridge was erected in 1885 as part of the Farranfore to Renard railway line which was closed in 1960. It is known locally as the Metal Bridge and is used today as part of a public pedestrian route.
Archiseek is an online magazine dedicated to, but not exclusively to, Irish architecture. Featuring news from Irish architecture, encouraging discussion between architects and those interested in our built environment, Archiseek is the leading Irish architecture publication. We always welcome submission from Irish architects of recent projects, and unbuilt competition entries for publication.