1875 – Railway Station, Bellarena, Co. Derry

Architect: John Lanyon


Bellarena railway station opened on 18 July 1853. It was closed for goods traffic from 4 January 1965. The station was closed on 18 October 1976, but re-opened again on 28 June 1982. The station buildings are now in private ownership. The stationmaster’s house was renovated in the 1980s and is now a private home.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com