1793 – Island Bridge, Dublin
Built between 1791 and 1793 as a single 32-metre span arch bridge. Originally named after Sarah, Countess of Westmoreland, wife of the then Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, John Fane, 10th Earl of Westmorland. Possibly one of the most graceful of the Liffey bridges, with its wide elliptical arch. The bridge was renamed Island Bridge in 1922 following independence.