1896 – St. Patrick’s Church, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Goldie, Child & Goldie


Imposing catholic church from English architect George Goldie, comprising nave, transepts, side aisles with two-storey sacristy to east and four-stage tower to north end of west front. The interior has a fine timber truss roof and a high altar comprised of Caen stone and marble dating from 1899.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com