1200 – Swords Castle, Co. Dublin

0005

Built around 1200 as an episcopal manor, as the residence of the Archbishop of Dublin. Five sided around a considerable courtyard with elements from the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries. The chapel was constructed in the 14th century while the crenellations on the castle appear to be 15th century.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com