1881 – Town Hall, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary


The original town hall was built in the seventeenth century on the site of a private mansion called Hamerton Hall, owned by Richard Hamerton, a timber merchant. The building became an Inn in later years known as the “Globe Inn”. It was rebuilt in 1881 as a purpose built town Hall under Alderman Edward Cantwell, Mayor of the time.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com