1308 – Old City Conduit, James St., Dublin


A former water fountain or conduit constructed in the James Street area of Dublin. In 1244, the Dodder river was diverted at Firhouse and a canal known as the city watercourse was built linking to the Poddle river. By 1308, part of the Poddle’s flow was diverted along a channel along Thomas Street and High Street as far as a basin at St. Audeon’s Church.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com