1733 – Desart Court, Callan, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce



A Palladian house of two storeys over a basement, joined to two two-storey wings by curved sweeps from around 1733, and attributed to Edward Lovett Pearce. The centre block had a seven-bay front, its main feature being four superimposed, engaged, Doric and Ionic columns and Doric entablature. Burnt out in 1923, it was rebuilt by Richard Orpen, before finally being demolished in 1957.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com