1743 – Church of Ireland, Drumcondra, Dublin
In 1743 the dilapidated old church of the parish of Clonturk was rebuilt by a Miss Coghill as a memorial to her brother, Dr. Marmaduke Coghill, who died in 1738. After the renovations, a cottage was provided for a watchman to watch over the graves at all times, and to guard against bodysnatchers. The church and its churchyard contain memorials to a number of notable historical figures including the graves of architect James Gandon, and the antiquarian Francis Grose. The illustration above is by his nephew Daniel Grose, from Antiquities of Ireland, Vol. II, and dated around 1790.