1799 – Court House, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: John Carr

The Sessions House, as it was first known, was built as part of the Lismore estate, by Lord Devonshire and can be attributed to the Architect John Carr. Like many small towns, the building incorporated the local Market House at lower level with a local courtroom above. With the(immaculately clipped) ivy removed, the stonework of the building can now be better appreciated.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com