1840 – The Garrison Church, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Henry Ginn

englishscottishaustralianbank

garrisonchurchgarrisonchurch

“The builder was Edward Flood and accepted price for materials is interesting to scan, Bricks were 2/15 a thousand. A labourer worked 10 hours for 5/- a week while the bricklayer for the same period received 8/6. Henry Ginn, the architect of the basic structure, estimated that the church would house 250 adults and 50 children and in his original design his calculations were not far wrong.” Anglican Parish of Church Hill

Although officially named the church of the Holy Trinity, it has from its foundation, been more popularly known as The Garrison Church, simply because of the numerous regiments at the nearby Garrison worshipped there. Although officially named the church of the Holy Trinity, it has from its foundation, been more popularly known as The Garrison Church, simply because of the numerous regiments at the nearby Garrison worshipped there.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com