1854 – Castlewellan, Co. Down

Architect: William Burn



Constructed for the 4th Earl Annesley between 1852 and 1854 in a Scots Baronial style. Finished in granite, it’s a rather austere building despite the numerous small towers. A large conservatory was added in the 1880s. Nowadays the castle is used as a privately run Christian conference centre, and is not generally open to the public.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com