Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1861 – Shop, The Strand, London

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: John Barnett

0008

From The Building News: “THE building, 31, Strand, of which we give an illustration on another page, is Elizabethan, of red brick, with Portland cement dressings, with a frontage to the Strand of 20 feet, and a return in Villiers-street of above 50 feet. The spandrels are filled with military and naval trophies, as expressive of the trade carried on. The building was recently erected by Mr. J. M. Macey, builder, of Milfordlane, under the direction and from the designs of Mr. John Barnett, of Verulam-buildings. “

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1919 – Proposed Theatre, Charing Cross Rd., London

Architect: Frank T. Verity Published in The Building News, December 12 1919: "The drawing reproduced on our doublepage plate to-day...

Close