1863 – McCarthy Memorial, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: J.J. McCarthy


From The Builder, January 30 1864: “This monument, recently erected in the parish church of Mallow, county Cork, in memory of the late Very Rev. Justin Canon McCarthy, is composed principally of Caen stone, inlaid with marbles of various colours. The effigy, which is life size, is of alabaster; and the cresting of the roof is wrought-iron gilt. The total height of the monument is 11 feet. The entire work has been created by the Messrs. Hardman of Dublin from designs by Mr. J.J. McCarthy, RHA, architect at a cost of 105 pounds.”

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com