Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1863 – Saint Brigid’s Church, Killeshandra, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague

0003

Incomplete as designed and illustrated, Hague’s fantastically ornate spire wasn’t constructed and was capped off at the top of a simplified version of the tower. Finished in local stone with limestone dressing. Internally the massive seven lancet eastern window has the central lancet closed up to carry a crucifix. The interior is much remodeled. Published in The Builder, November 15 1862.

Read previous post:
1856 – Design for Capitals, Museum, Trinity College, Dublin

From The Building News, March 29 1856: "Some mention has been made in our pages recently of the capitals arranged...

Close