1862 – Former Probate Registry, Cardiff Road, Llandaff, Wales
Grade 2 listed, and now in use as commercial offices.
From The Building News: “This building has a recessed porch communicating with a vestibule, to the right of which is a spacious lofty clerk’s office, well lighted, having a strong vaulted room attached to it. On the left a a waiting-room, &c., and over it and the vestibule a private room for the registrar. A residence, with a distinct entrance, for the chief clerk, was formed out of an existing cottage, which was re-adapted and incorporated.
The dressings are of the best Combe Down Bath stone, intermixed with bands of Bridgend green sandstone, and the body of the walls consists of Newbridge Pennant stone in thin flat courses. The roofs are covered with small green Carnarvon slates. The whole was substantially built in 1861 by Mr. Thomas Williams, builder, for £1,000, from designs and under the superintendence of John Prichard, Esq., Llandaff.”