Designed by architect Fitzgibbon Louch, of Derry. Louch had previously been based in Dublin, and later Belfast, before emigrating to Katikati, New Zealand in 1875. His most famous Irish work is probably Lough Eske Castle, Co. Donegal of 1863. The front wall gable contains a plaque of William, Prince of Orange above the balcony area. Just above the window arches are three more circular plaques. In the Omagh Almanac for 1896, it refers to this building as the “Protestant Hall” and it was one of the principal buildings of the town. Extended in the 1960s witrh a rather ugly addition to the rear.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.