Fine Church of Ireland on site provided by 3rd Marquess of Sligo who also provided £1200 towards cost of erection, replacing church of 1797 on different site. Completed and consecrated 26 September 1872. Of Gothic style, consisting of a semicircular apse at the east end, the organ is in the north side and the tower and spire on the south side, with the entrance porches to the west. The spire reaches a height of 185 feet.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.