Architect: Charles Geoghegan
The Artane Industrial school was set up in 1871 in Artane House by the Congregation of Christian Brothers. The school buildings were constructed between 1871 and 1879 to designs by Charles Geoghegan at a cost in the region of £20,000. Industrial Schools were established to take in orphaned or abandoned boys or those who were involved in petty crime. St. David’s Primary School, CBS, began operations on the lower floors of the old industrial school in 1969. St. David’s Secondary School moved into the upper floors of the industrial school building in 1974. The school building remains today.