Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881 – Theatre Royal, Arthur St., Belfast

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon / C.J. Phipps

0008

0212

Originally constructed by Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon in 1871 with carving by the Fitzpatrick Brothers. It was badly damaged by fire in June 1881, reopening in December 1881 after a refurbishment led by by noted theatre designer Charles Phipps. Demolished in 1915 and replaced with a cinema.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Belfast, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1860 – Former Ulster Bank Headquarters, Waring St., Belfast

Architect: James Hamilton Constructed as the headquarters of the Ulster Bank, and now a luxury hotel. Hamilton won the commission after an architectural competition in 1857 that attracted over 50...

Close