1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones

0004

Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and hall were gutted by fire which destroyed most of the O’Connell Street area in the Civil War in July 1922. Although the external structure survived, it was decided to extend Gloucester Street (Sean Mac Dermott Street) up to O’Connell Street, and the remains were demolished.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com