Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898 – Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, Jarvis Bay, NSW, Australia

Architect: Charles Harding




Point Perpendicular was chosen in September 1883 as a site for a new lighthouse by Colonial Architect James Barnet and Captain Francis Hixson of the Marine Board. Designed by James Barnet’s successor, Charles Assinder Harding in 1897, who also later designed Cape Byron Light and Norah Head Light. Harding’s designs are notable for their relatively large crown and short tower.

Read previous post:
1888 – House, Bellevue, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Design for front entrance porch to a house in Bellevue, Sydney. Bellevue is an affluent neighbourhood...