Architect: George F. Beckett
A massively overscaled building on Lower O’Connell Street, and a landmark for only 15 years. A popular restaurant at first floor level, withe smoking rooms and recessed balconies on the second floor. The view from the tower was equal to that of Nelson’s Column. The building caused havoc with the chimneys of adjacent buildings with the DBC paying to extend their flues. Completely destroyed in the Easter Rising of 1916 – only fragments of the facade survived.