1905 – Public Library, St. Catharines, Ontario



St. Catharines established a free public library in 1888. The library board received a $25,000 gift from Andrew Carnegie in December 1901. Its new building opened to the public on 2 January 1905. Demolished.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com