1913 – Linwood School, St. James, Winnipeg
Designed by Scottish-born architect Alexander Melville, who had a successful practice in Winnipeg, designing many firehalls and prominent buildings. Originally constructed as the St. James School, it contained elementary students on the lower floor, and high school students above. Since the 1950s, it has been an elementary school only. At the rear are entrances marked “Boys” and “Girls”. Beautifully maintained, and finished in a deep red brick with limestone dressing.