1914 – Grand Central Station, Memphis, Tennessee



Central Station was built on the site of a former station known as Calhoun Street Station. Memphis Central Station was owned by Illinois Central Railroad and the station was also used by Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad, St. Louis-San Francisco Railway, and Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway. In 1998, after acquiring ownership of the property, the Memphis Area Transportation Authority (MATA) broke ground on an ambitious $23.2 million campaign to completely renovate and restore Central Station as a premier transportation, commercial and residential center; work was completed in 1999.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com