Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1915 – Coliseum Theatre, Henry St., Dublin

Architect: Bertie Crewe & Francis Bergin

0007

0007

This theatre was opened in April 1915 and destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Shown here, in a photograph from the Capuchin Archive after its destruction. Also known as the Premier Palace Theatre. Bertie Crewe was a London theatre architect who produced a couple of works in Ireland, including: a proposal for South Anne Street in Dublin; and a completed building, the Royal Hippodrome Theatre, Belfast.

    Read previous post:
    1816 – Church of The Assumption, Callan, Co. Kilkenny

    By an unknown architect, the catholic church in Callan dated from around 1816. A stern classical exercise, it has fine...

    Close