1919 – War Memorial Lych Gate, St. Oswald’s Church, Guiseley, Yorkshire

Architect: Charles A. Nicholson



Published in The Building News, September 12, 1919: “This lych gate will be erected at the north-west entrance of the churchyard, marking the approach to the old burial ground. It is designed in harmony with the old work of the district. The material is to be of Guiseley stone, with stone slate roof. The inner walls will give space for the 110 names of Guiseley men who have fallen, and these will be cut in slate slabs. A general restoration of the church was carried out under Sir Charles Nicholson some twelve years ago.”

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com