1920 – Avon India Rubber Co., Euston Rd., London
From The Building News, September 3 1920: “The building is a new London depot for the Avon India Rubber Company. Ltd. The premises have frontages in the Euston Road, Fitzroy Street, and Warren Street in the rear, with a basement. ground floor, and four stories, of which the ground floor is to be used as a fitting shop for tyres, goods receipt and dispatch, and a portion on Euston Road as an office and main entrance hall. The first and second floors are for offices, the remainder of the building being for fire stores.
The facades to Euston Road and Fitzroy Street are faced with Portland Stone, and that to Warren Street with red brick and Portland stone dressings. The general contractors are Messrs Higes and Hill. Ltd., and the steel casements are by the Crittal Manufacturing Co. The oak joinery throughout and paneling to the first floor offices is being executed by the general contractor. The drawing was included in the Royal Academy exhibition this year. The Architect is Mr. Robert Angell RIBA., of Keith House, Regent Street. W.l.”