1920 – Design for a concrete church, Stanford-le-hope, Essex

Architect: John H. Beart Foss


From The Building News, September 3 1920: “This Roman Catholic church consists of a wide nave and apsidal sanctuary, lit by a tall clerestory window above the flat roofs of the aisles, the vestry being placed in a low building on the south-east corner The plan shows the arrangements of the building, which is of reinforced concrete throughout. The view was shown at this year’s Royal Academy. the architects being Messrs. Benedict, C.SS.S.. and Beart Foss. of Ealing. W.”

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com