Constructed in 1923 and occupied a triangular lot, bordered by Michigan Avenue, West Lafayette Boulevard, and Shelby Street. Designed in the neo-classical architecture style by C. Howard Crane who built many of Detroit’s theaters. Finished externally with brick, limestone, and terra cotta. The Lafayette Building was large with 178 feet of frontage along Michigan Avenue, 168 feet of frontage along Shelby Street, and 135 feet of frontage along Lafayette Boulevard. The building was 14 floors tall, with one basement floor, and 13 above-ground floors. After years of mismanagement, and a declining tenant base, the building was finally shuttered in 1997, and demolished in 2010.