Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1931 – Imperial Chemical House, Millbank, London

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Sir Frank Baines

0801

Imperial Chemical House was built between 1928 and 1931 by Sir Frank Baines in the neoclassical style of the inter-war years. Constructed as the headquarters for Imperial Chemical Industries. Around the fifth floor balustrade are carved allegorical figures in Portland stone, sculpted by Charles Sargeant Jagger, entitled The Builder, Marine Transport, and Agriculture or The Sower and Chemistry.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Read previous post:
1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and...

Close