1932 – Pissoir, Upper Ormond Quay, Dublin



One the French style pissoirs imported prior to the 1932 Dublin Eucharistic Congress as part of a ‘clean up Dublin’ campaign. Removed sometime during the 1970s. Supposedly sold by Dublin Corporation to a student for £10. It ended up being used as a gazebo in a garden in Sandymount.

Other locations included: the junction of Fairview and Malahide Road; Eden Quay.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com