Part of Mount Merrion Park development built for Mr & Mrs Vaughan Dempsey. Designed by Rupert Jones of Jones & Kelly. The estate at Mount Merrion started to be sold off to property developers around 1925, as this area of Dublin rapidly built up with suburban housing in mid-20th century. Building of the first houses in the “Garden City” estate started in 1934. Although the developer, Irish Homes Ltd., had permission to build 20 houses per acre, they chose to confine developement to 6 houses per acre, lay down wide roads and low white-capped red-brick walls in order to give the estate a sense of spaciousness.