Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1968 – Former Curzon Cinema, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners

0008

Opened as the Curzon Cinema, and later the Lighthouse, the entrance foyer to this cinema was distinctly modern. A converted warehouse, it contained two theatres, and was one of the first to introduce a non-smoking environment. Like the nearby Adelphi, it was closed and later demolished to make way for an extension to the Arnotts department store.

Read previous post:
1863 – Church of Ireland, Rathmichael, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed in 1860 but not constructed until 1861-62, after the death of Benjamin Woodward in 1861,...

Close