Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1977 – Town Hall House, Kent St., Sydney, Australia

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Ancher Mortlock & Woolley

townhallhouse

Opened on 28 June 1977, as an annex building to the City Hall and replaced an earlier building which housed the Sydney County Council’s Electricity Department and sales showroom on Druitt Street. This modern concrete office building with its striking repetitive angular geometry, has been identified as an important local example of Brutalist architecture fashionable in the 1950s and 60s.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Read previous post:
1898 – Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, Jarvis Bay, NSW, Australia

Architect: Charles Harding Point Perpendicular was chosen in September 1883 as a site for a new lighthouse by Colonial Architect...

Close