1875 – St. Andrew’s Church, Adforton, Herefordshire
St. Andrew, Adforton was built as a Chapel of Ease to Leintwardine parish in 1875. It is simple and small rectangular building, with a wagon roof. Adforton also doubles as a community centre.
From The Building News, October 2 1874: “This small church has been just commenced in a district of the parish of Leintwardine, in Herefordshire, from the designs and under the superintendence, of Mr. John P. Seddon. of 1, Queen Anne’s Gate, Westminster. Mr. Inihain, of Leintwardine, is tho builder, his estimate for the nave and porch, which has been accepted, being £694.13s, and for the whole church complete £964.l0s. It contains 150 sittings, provided bychairs in the nave and stalls in the chancel, and consists, as shown in our illustration, of a nave and chancel, with apsidal termination, a south porch, vestry, and bell-turret. The furniture, stove for warming, &c., are included in the respective estimates. The material of the walling is the local stone, and the roof is to be covered with Broseley tiles. The foundation-stone of the church was laid on the 17th ult.”