1576 – Alte Hofhaltung, Bamberg, Bavaria

bamberg-alte-hofhaltung

The Alte Hofhaltung or Alte Residenz in Bamberg was built as the Bishop’s palace in 1571-76. Replaced by the Neue Residenz in 1704. The structure contains fragments of masonry from the great hall and chapel of the 11th-century episcopal palace. Today the Old Court houses the Historical Museum of the city of Bamberg.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com