Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1861 – Featherstone Memorial, Ardagh, Co. Longford

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Rawson Carroll

ardagh-monument

ardagh-monument2

Constructed as a clocktower and memorial to Sir Ralph Featherstone by his widow Elizabeth.A rdagh is a small designed estate village, laid out around a small village green with the Featherston memorial overlooking the green. The memorial and cottages were all largely designed by the architect James Rawson Carroll, (1830 – 1911).

Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Longford
1859 – Blessed Lady of the Rosary Church, Lanesborough, Co. Longford

A former Church of Ireland building, converted for use as the local Roman Catholic church in 1915. The change of congregation and various rebuilds over the years have given it...

Close