1859 – Blessed Lady of the Rosary Church, Lanesborough, Co. Longford
A former Church of Ireland building, converted for use as the local Roman Catholic church in 1915. The change of congregation and various rebuilds over the years have given it a curious appearance. There is a record of a church on the site in 1838, with a rebuild or extenson of 1859. This is attributed to the father of the noted church architect William Hague, who was a Cavan builder, also called William.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.