This building forms one of a group of bungalows facing the sea, having pleasure gardens laid out by the Paignton Council in front, with ideal views of Berry Head and Torquay. The walls are faced with Exeter red bricks, and dark red tiles to roofs from the same source. The joiner’s work ‘executed by Messrs. James Barnes and Sons, of Brighton’. The oak fencing and gates dividing the sites were put up by Messrs. Box and Turner, of Ardingly. Sussex, tire bungalows set back thirty-five feet from the main drive along Paignton Front, space for gardens, lawns and terraces thus being obtained. Mr. James R. Barnes, of Paignton, is the architect.” Published in The Building News, February 26, 1919.