Architect: John Sterling Butler
The Carmelite presence in Delgany dates back to 1844 when a monastic community was founded from Warrenmount in Dublin. Still active today, the monastery is now housed in a more recent building to the right of the church depicted.
The buildings depicted to the extreme left of the church are now demolished, while the house (central in image), that was the original building on the site is still standing. The church dates from 1855, while the wings were added to the existing house c.1860. The original house is thought to date from around 1810.