1868 – Cemetary Chapels, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
THE designs for these chapels are by Messrs. J. Ladds and J.M. Hooker, and were selected in open competition from about twenty other sets sent in. The chapels, lodge, fence, walls, and railing are being carried out by Mr. Howe and Mr. Twelvetrees, of Biggleswade. The contract price is £815. The materials used are white bricks, with Bath stone heads and sills to windows, and stone copings, jvith a few red brick bands and arches. The spire is 85ft. to top of vane, and each chapel will seat thirty-five persons.