Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1861 – Chapel for Converted Jews, Camberwell, London

Architect: W.G. Habershon

0008

From The Building News, April 26 1861: “This Chapel has been lately erected in Cold Harbor-lane, Camberwell, for converted Jews. The style may be called Lombardic rather freely adopted. The front elevation is simple and well-proportioned, the detail being very carefully worked out. Probably the funds were limited, as the sides are exceedingly plain. It is built of brick in two colors, with stone dressings. It is enclosed by railings of appropriate design. Internally the chapel is very plain, with an open roof, stained dark.”