Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1861 – Christ Church, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: Joseph Welland

gorey-christchurch

gorey-christchurch

Aan impressive church built in the ‘Modern English style’ to designs prepared by Joseph Welland on a site originally donated by Stephen Ram of nearby Ramsfort House. The church possibly incorporates part of earlier Board of First Fruits Church of Ireland church from 1819. The interior has a fine Caen stone pulpit in memory of Lt. Gen. Guise, from 1895 by Charles W. Harrison; and two stained glasswindows: St Stephen; SS Luke & Martin of Tours by Harry Clarke from 1922-23.