Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1864 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Society St., Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: James F. Kempster

Gothic chapel designed by the County Surveypr for the Sisters of Mercy convent. The spire on the short tower is quite distinctive.

Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.

Read previous post:
1931 – Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Creagh, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built from fabric of earlier church of c.1850 from Custume Barracks in Athlone, that was dismantled...