1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary


The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in Co. Tipperary arranged to purchase the church for £440, had it dismantled, imported to Limerick and transported by the local farmers of Rearcross to its present location. The church is unusual with corrugated metal walls and roof, and a germanic tower and spire.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com