1827 – New Whitechurch, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple

castle2_lge

In 1827, a new parish church, officially titled ‘New Whitechurch’, was consecrated, blessed and opened for public worship by the Archbishop of Dublin. The church’s architect was John Semple, the architect of several Dublin churches. The most notable features of Whitechurch – its slender graceful spire, the tall, thin lancet windows and very large internal thrust arches – are typical of Semple’s work – and recognisable from his other churches in the area.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com