The site of a church from 1100; however all that is left is the beautiful Hiberno-Romanesque architectural porch and doorway. The remainder of the present church was built for Protestant worship in 1731. Incorporates the portal from 1100 as its main entrance, the archwat bears a prayer in old Irish script:” A prayer for Niamh, daughter of Corc, and for Mathgamhan O Chearmaic for whom this church was made. A prayer for Gille Mocholmoc O Chearmaic for whom this church was made. A prayer for Gille Mocholmoc O Ceannucain who made it.”
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.