1849 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny
The foundation stone for the present church was laid on the 16th August 1844 by Father Joseph Butler P.P. and was completed in 1852. Designed by William Deane Butler, the interior is a vast open space with a fine organ gallery and plaster vaulted ceiling.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.